The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) provides dedicated information, advice and support to members of the Armed Forces community in Scotland.
The service is provided by the Citizens Advice Bureaux network in Scotland, and the funding group is led by Poppyscotland. We work closely with many organisations, both Service related and others, to provide support to the people who contact us.
We provide free, confidential, impartial information, advice and support to the Armed Forces community, which includes people who:
are currently serving in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who is
- have served in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who has
- are members of the Merchant Navy who served in a commercial vessel in support of legally defined UK military operations, or a dependant.
Our advice covers a range of areas, including benefits, debt, employment, relationships and housing.
Get in touch with the Armed Services Advice Project
- Ask us to call you. You can use the Get Advice from ASAP form to send us your contact details, and a trained adviser will phone you
- Visit www.asapadvice.org.uk for more information about the service
- Visit your local bureau
- Contact your local adviser directly - their details are in the contact list in the resource table below.
Understanding what we do
Just one example of how we have helped
ASAP supported 2046 individuals, and gave advice 11,400 times in the period 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2021.
Over the 10 year period from 2010-2020 ASAP helped 15,950 individuals and gave advice 92,134 times.
The full report on our achievements in support for clients is available in the related publications section below.
The project is funded by:
- Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity
- ABF the Soldiers’ Charity
- The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund
- Officers Association Scotland
If you are a veteran aged 60 or older seeking support, or an organisation wishing to refer someone, we can support you and help you to access the services offered by each organisation.
Our partners are:
Our video explains the support we offer.
You can find out more about the contribution these partners are making to Unforgotten Forces at the Poppyscotland website.
|ASAP Annual Report||Details on The ASAP Annual Report: October 2020 - September 2021 (Updated August 2022)|
|ASAP Client Leaflet||An A5 sized leaflet introducing the Armed Services Advice Project, providing information about who the service is for, what kinds of problems we can help with and how to get in touch. (Updated August 2022)|
|ASAP Website||Our dedicated ASAP Website.|