The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) provides dedicated information, advice and support to members of the Armed Forces community in Scotland.
The service is provided by the Citizens Advice Bureaux network in Scotland, and the funding group is led by Poppyscotland. We work closely with many organisations, both Service related and others, to provide support to the people who contact us.
We provide free, confidential, impartial information, advice and support to the Armed Forces community, which includes people who:
are currently serving in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who is
- have served in the Armed Forces, either Regular or Reserve, or a dependant of someone who has
- are members of the Merchant Navy who served in a commercial vessel in support of legally defined UK military operations, or a dependant.
Our advice covers a range of areas, including benefits, debt, employment, relationships and housing.
Get in touch with the Armed Services Advice Project
- Call the Armed Services Advice Project on 0808 800 1007.Calls are free from landlines and most mobiles
- Ask us to call you. You can use the Get Advice from ASAP form to send us your contact details, and a trained adviser will phone you
- Visit www.asapadvice.org.uk for more information about the service
- Visit your local bureau
- Contact your local adviser directly - their details are in the contact list in the downloads section below.
Understanding what we do
Just one example of how we have helped
ASAP supported 2,347 individuals, and gave advice 12,350 times in the period 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2019. The full report on our achievements in support for clients is available in the related publications section below.
The project is funded by:
- ABF the Soldiers’ Charity
- Officers Association Scotland
- The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund
- Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity
If you are a veteran aged 60 or older seeking support, or an organisation wishing to refer someone, we can support you and help you to access the services offered by each organisation.
Our partners are:
Our video explains the support we offer.
You can find out more about the contribution these partners are making to Unforgotten Forces at the Poppyscotland website.