The Consumer Futures Unit is holding a Rural Futures conference on Wednesday 1st February 2017 at the Hilton Grosvenor Hotel in central Edinburgh.
The conference will be chaired by Peter Peacock, Chair of the Water Customer Forum and former Scottish Government Minister, and will feature:
A keynote speech by the Cabinet Secretary for Rural Economy and Connectivity, Fergus Ewing MSP
- A presentation, Food for Thought: Four Plausible Futures Scenarios for the Next 30 Years, by Barbara Barbarito, Business Strategy and Policy Manager of Scottish Water
- Breakout sessions on rural consumer issues in energy, post and water
- A Rural Question Time, with audience members putting questions to an expert panel, including:
- Di Alexander (Chair of the Rural Fuel Poverty Task Force)
- Emma Cooper (National Coordinator, Scottish Rural Action)
- Sue Petch (the Drinking Water Quality Regulator)
- Jonathan Ruff (Regulatory Affairs Manager, Ofcom Scotland)
- Lewis Shand–Smith (The Ombudsman)
We would be delighted if you joined us.