Bureaux do this to meet the second aim of the CAB Service in Scotland: to influence social policy, both locally and nationally.
This is a flexible role, which can sometimes be partly carried out away from the bureau and outside their opening hours. It can involve:
- Completing and collating evidence forms that record information about the problems
- Keeping in touch with the Social Policy team at CAS
- Identifying and raising issues in the bureau and at meetings
- Training staff and volunteers in spotting particular issues and completing evidence forms
- Undertaking local campaigns
- Media campaigning and liaising with other bureaux and agencies to provide a voice for clients
You can find out more by downloading a leaflet on social policy volunteering here.
Apply to be a volunteer online or contact your local bureau if you are interested in becoming a social policy volunteer.