The Chief Executive Officer, Derek Mitchell, took up the post on 28 August 2017.
The Board of Trustees is elected by member bureaux through the Annual General Meeting.
The Board of Trustees meets at least five times a year to decide the overall policy of Citizens Advice Scotland. The Board of Trustees is also responsible for financial resources and employment policy at Citizens Advice Scotland and acts as the national voice of member bureaux.
The Board of Directors for 2020-21 is:
- Chair: Rory Mair
- Vice Chair: Graeme Bissett, External Trustee
- Anna Evans, External Trustee
- Callum Thomson, External Trustee
- David Dunn, External Trustee
- Gil Long, Internal Trustee (Chair of Parkhead CAB)
- Karen Nailen, Internal Trustee (Manager of CAB West Lothian)
- Lindsay Hall, Internal Trustee (Board Member of Orkney CAB)
- Nicholas Grier, Internal Trustee (Board Member of Penicuik CAB)
- Sandra Heidinger, External Trustee
- Simon Rennie (External Trustee)
- Steve Rowan, Internal Trustee (Vice Chair of Inverness, Badenoch & Strathspey CAB)
- Valerie Maehle, Internal Trustee (Chair of Aberdeen CAB)