The Chief Executive Officer, Derek Mitchell, took up the post on 28 August 2017.
The Board of Trustees is elected by member bureaux through the Annual General Meeting.
The Board of Trustees meets at least five times a year to decide the overall policy of Citizens Advice Scotland. The Board of Trustees is also responsible for financial resources and employment policy at Citizens Advice Scotland and acts as the national voice of member bureaux.
The Board of Directors for 2019-20 is:
- Chair: Rory Mair
- Callum Thomson, External Trustee
- David Rankin, External Trustee
- Graeme Bissett, External Trustee
- Karen Nailen, Internal Trustee (Manager of CAB West Lothian)
- Lindsay Hall, Internal Trustee (Chair of Orkney CAB)
- Martyn Buckley, Internal Trustee (Treasurer of Central Borders CAB)
- Nicholas Grier, Internal Trustee (Chair of Penicuik CAB)
- Shareen Gault, External Trustee
- Gil Long, Internal Trustee (Chair of Parkhead CAB)
- David Dunn, External Trustee
- Sandra Heidinger, External Trustee
- Steve Rowan, Internal Trustee (Vice Chair of Inverness, Badenoch & Strathspey CAB), co-opted June 2019