CAS is the Scottish consumer advocate on energy network issues. Our response focuses on Scottish specific points which we believe are important considerations for the ENA Future Worlds consultation.
We believe that an energy system that is evolving to facilitate decarbonisation, under any of the ‘worlds’ proposed, must consider the following points as a priority:
1) Facilitates a market that is simple, clear and easy for consumers to engage with
2) Ensures that no one is ‘left behind’ in the energy system transition
3) Prioritises a system that minimises any price increases to domestic consumers
4) Ensures regional fairness
5) Ensures that the system is designed with ‘consumer principles’ at its core