More about the job
There is an opportunity to join the Money Talks Plus Project until March 2024. The Money Talks Plus Adviser, will play a key role in the delivery of an independent, free, impartial and confidential advice, information and advocacy service, to Association standards, to assist vulnerable families and older people, living in Falkirk, to deal with poverty related issues affecting their lives. This project aims to improve access to, and the efficiency of, financial health checks for vulnerable families and older people, providing holistic financial inclusion and income maximisation advice in order to improve their financial circumstances.
The Money Talks Plus Adviser aims to provide the most effective service to suit the needs of the client:
- Assist in Triaging all Bureau enquiries
- Undertake diagnostic interviews with clients by phone, face to face or video call and diagnosing whether individuals are eligible to apply for benefits or to access other income maximisation support.
- Help with resolution of straightforward enquiries
- Signpost clients who can do more to self-help
- Refer to Session Supervisor for help with emergencies
- Provide information and advice on all aspects of Social Security Benefits.
- Carry out benefit checks
- To provide assistance with the completion of benefits forms
- Make referral to internal Benefits/ Money Advice Teams or another appropriate agency.
For further information and an application form, please use the links at the bottom of this page.
If you would like to be considered for post or wish further information please contact Mary Baillie in Bureau or email email@example.com for an informal chat