More about the job
Summary of main responsibilities:
- The EU Support Scheme Dedicated Adviser will be responsible for the provision of advice and support to the public and bureaux directly and through a part-time national helpline.
- The EU Support Scheme Dedicated Adviser will deliver training, stakeholder engagement, CAB briefings and facilitate regional events.
- Provide advice and support, up to OISC Level 1, for vulnerable clients wishing to apply for the EU settlement scheme.
- Provide support and training for staff and volunteers involved in the delivery of information and advice.
- Liaise with local groups and organisations to ensure the public are aware of the scheme.
- Maintain, strengthen and develop relationships with local statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Champion awareness-raising events to provide advice, supplemented by diagnostic sessions.
- Maintain expertise in relevant legislation and guidance.
- Provide advice to clients where there are specific EU Settlement issues up to OISC Level 1 standards
- Provide advice and support on EU Settlement on a national helpline
- Give talks to community groups, stakeholders, etc.
- Develop training and information materials
- Produce reports and plans for the purposes of monitoring and reviewing the objectives of the service.
- Provide support for volunteers and staff in bureaux on more complex issues.
- To record, update and maintain information on a case management system for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation to ensure that all work meets quality standards and the requirements of the funder.
- Carry out other duties as specified by the Manager and required by the exigencies of the post
Please return completed application to:
Vince McKeown, Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau, 61a Stirling Street, Airdrie ML6 0AS
Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau is committed to equal opportunities both in service provision and employment.
Charity number: SC012238
Charity name: Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau