More about the job
Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau are looking for a highly motivated solicitor with drive and enthusiasm to join our expanding team. This role will involve undertaking a variety of civil legal matters. The solicitor will also be responsible for developing community justice partnerships that will enable the provision of free legal advice to vulnerable groups. This work will involve a mixture of direct casework, provision of support and advice to Citizens Advice Bureaux and other agencies, delivery of training and contributing to social policy work.
The successful candidate will have:
- an unrestricted Scottish practicing certificate and be experienced in general civil legal assistance (including provision of Legal Aid)
- proven skills as a court practitioner
- a meticulous approach to analysing complex legal issues
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- a passion for social justice and assisting those in most need within our community
- an understanding of the importance of excellent client care
- good awareness of how rights and advice issues impact on local communities
- a commitment to equality and diversity
- the ability to be an excellent team player.
Knowledge of the voluntary sector and successful delivery of projects will be advantageous.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory Basic Disclosure check
Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau offers excellent terms and conditions and is an inclusive employer considering flexible working arrangements where appropriate. For more details of some of the other benefits on offer to our employees, please contact us for more information.
Please use the link at the bottom of this page to download a Recruitment Pack.
Please return completed Application form by email to Elaine Tocock via email@example.com or by post marked ‘Confidential’ to Elaine Tocock, CEO, Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau, 61a Stirling Street, Airdrie, ML6 0AS
Equality & diversity monitoring
To help Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau monitor equality and diversity statistics please return the Equality & Diversity Monitoring form separate from your other application documents by emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: Friday 12 August 2022 at 5pm
Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau is committed to equal opportunities both in service provision and employment.
Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau - Charity number: SC012238