More about the job
The purpose of the job is to provide a Housing Advice Service to those involved within the Private Rented Sector (PRS). This will include ongoing casework (including knowledge of welfare and debt) negotiation, assistance and representation at the 1st Tier tribunal. Working closely with North Lanarkshire Community Legal Services (NLCLS) and North Lanarkshire Housing Advice Network based within Coatbridge CAB.
- To provide advice, assistance, negotiation and representation.
- Advise and assist with housing issues up to and including type III of the Scottish National Standards.
- Maintain detailed case records of all advice work undertaken.
- Work with and on behalf of clients to process conclusion.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out within the Aims and Principles of the Citizens Advice Bureau Service.
- Make appropriate referrals to ensure clients receive the best service.
- Produce a detailed work plan which fits in with the key objectives of the project.
- Carry a caseload covering the full range of PRS housing advice to tenants and landlords.
- Prepare and present cases to the appropriate statutory bodies and/or 1st tier tribunal.
- Liaise and assist with the training of staff and volunteer advisers in relation to PRS housing.
- Build on existing relationships with external agencies/other bureaux and form new working relationships.
- Negotiate where appropriate on behalf of a client/landlord for a positive outcome.
- Adopt a holistic approach, identifying other related problems. Develop a robust referral system both internally and externally.
- Ensure that all work conforms to the bureau's systems, procedures, Citizens Advice Quality standard and National Standards Level II/III.
- Maintain accurate case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation.
- Maintain a library of reference material and case law.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service and the organisation.
- At all times be a Demonstrate commitment to the aims and policies of the CAB service.
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau offers excellent terms and conditions and is an inclusive employer considering flexible working arrangements where appropriate. For more details of some of the other benefits on offer to our employees, please contact us for more information.
This post is funded by SafeDeposits Scotland
Please use the links at the bottom of this page to download additional information and an application form.
Please return completed Application form and Self Declaration form for Disclosure by email to Susie Paterson Susie.email@example.com
or by post marked ‘Confidential’ to Susie Paterson, Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau, 61a Stirling Street, Airdrie, ML6 0AS
To help Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau monitor equality and diversity statistics please return the Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separate from your other application documents by emailing it to: Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: 5pm on Tuesday 26 October 2021
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory Basic Disclosure check
Airdrie Citizens Advice Bureau is committed to equal opportunities both in service provision and employment.
Charity number: SC0 12238