More about the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our expanding team of around 26 paid and 22 volunteer staff to further develop services across the Forth Valley region, based at Clackmannanshire Citizens Advice Bureau. We are seeking an additional member of staff to join our expanding team. We have been delivering a valuable service to the community of Clackmannanshire for over 50 years. We have accreditation to deliver Type III advice by Scottish National Standards for advice providers (SNSIAP) in the areas of Housing, Debt and Benefits.
We are looking for a self starting motivated individual to provide advice, assistance and representation for clients with concerns and complaints about NHS Forth Valley. The Patient Adviser will also contribute to services provided throughout Scotland via a national PASS telephone advice line and by email and webchat via the national PASS website.
The Patient Rights (Scotland) Act was passed in February 2011. The Act created the Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) to promote awareness of patient rights and responsibilities.
The Patient Adviser will work with the Citizens Advice Bureaux in the local health board area. The Patient Adviser will provide advice and information to clients who wish to give feedback or comments, or raise concerns or complaints. The Patient Adviser will support bureaux volunteers and liaise with external organisations, produce performance and monitoring reports; assist with the marketing and promotion of the service; and liaise with external organisations in order to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of PASS.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Promote and develop services
- Work with paid staff and volunteers within the five CAB offices across the Forth Valley.
- Work as Part of a team
- Build good working relationships with NHS staff, GP Surgery and associated partners
- Liaise with clients and manage their expectations
- Manage staff responsible for the project administration
- Advise, assist and represent clients in relevant areas of advice
- The ability to work with a wide range of partners and manage relationships in a non-confrontational manner is essential
- Ability to manage a caseload effectively
Closing date: 11th June 2021 at 5pm
A full job description and application form are available to download from the CAS website. You can also obtain a recruitment pack from and return your application to:
Telephone: 01259 219404
Address: Clackmannanshire Citizens Advice Bureau Limited, Glebe Hall, Burgh Mews, Alloa FK10 1HS