More about the job
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to your local community?
Who we are
Citizens Advice Edinburgh (CAE) is an independent charity delivering free, confidential and impartial advice and support to vulnerable people living and working in Edinburgh. We specialise in Welfare and Consumer Rights, Debt, Employment, Immigration, Housing, and Health.
- To provide the advice that people need for the problems they face
- To ensure that individuals do not suffer through not knowing about their rights and responsibilities and the services that are available
Join our Board
We are actively seeking individuals who may be interested in joining our Board of Trustees in the future.
The Board is composed of volunteers from a wide range of charity, business, legal, media and financial backgrounds.
We are committed to Equal Opportunities and are looking to ensure we are representative and reflective of the communities we serve.
We are particularly interested in speaking to people who have knowledge, understanding and experience in any of the following areas: -
- Information and Communications Technology
- Website management and development
- Marketing and Branding
- Fund raising for a third/ public/ charity sector organisation
- You’re looking for an opportunity to contribute to the vision, mission and values of a community organisation that provides vital help and support to local people.
- You’re inspired by the idea of developing and supporting a valuable public service.
- You’re motivated to address the needs of minority groups resident in the Edinburgh area.
- You’ve got the time, energy and commitment to dedicate to developing CAE strategic aims and goals.
If this describes you, then CAE would love to hear from you.
This non remunerated role is both high profile and respected within the local community. It will offer new challenges, learning opportunities and broaden your networks.
To apply, please email Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your CV and a letter explaining why you would like to be part of our Board and what qualities and experience you could you bring to the role.