More about the job
The Helpline Administrator (Debt Advice Journey Programme) is responsible to the Money Advice Co-ordinator within each Citizens Advice Bureau and ultimately to the Bureau Manager and to the CAB Board of Directors.
It is essential that the Helpline Administrator has a clear commitment to the ideals of debt and poverty reduction in the community and to customer care. Experience of dealing with all sections of the public including vulnerable groups in challenging circumstances is required together with the ability to deal with people in a tactful and sensitive manner in crisis situations.
The Helpline Administrator will be responsible for assisting and providing options to clients on solutions for resolution of their debts including assisting with legislative processes.
It is a requirement of the job to carry out all actions in line with the Money Advice (service delivery) Standards as laid down in the Guidance for Approved Money Advisers together with the National Standards for Information and Advice (level 2/3 casework).
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To assist in the administrative co-ordination of money advice work in Haddington Citizens Advice Bureau
- To enter and maintain client records on specialised database
- To log incoming and outgoing mail for multiple debt cases
- To assist in the liaison with creditors
- To collate statistics
- To assist in the provision of information for reports and social policy monitoring
- To maintain and develop client debt packs
- To attend and participate in regular team meetings
- To undertake other relevant tasks as identified by the Bureau Manager
Please see application pack.
The closing date is FRIDAY 9th at 5pm.