More about the job
Funded by the Scottish Government, North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service (NACAS) is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic individual who has a thirst for interesting, varied and challenging work to assist in the delivery of our People and Communities Project.
As an Employability Officer you will provide financial inclusion advice and information services to key clients throughout North Ayrshire towards improving their financial capability and increasing employment readiness. You will seek to deliver project outcomes through the provision of advice, casework, training and support of core services and bureau operation.
To equip you with all the skills you will need, NACAS will provide you with extensive training and support, enabling you to produce high quality and hard hitting results for the clients you see. Your main duties will include:
- Delivering project awareness to all work provider partners and agreeing robust referral procedures between organisations.
- Successfully delivery of presentations, group sessions and one-to-one sessions on financial capability, debt management and income maximisation per month.
- Maintaining and developing excellent relationships with Partner Agencies in the employment and third sector, ensuring that the client’s interests are paramount in any decisions made.
- Increasing financial capability for people moving into work from the work programme by ensuring their acquisition of improved budgeting skills.
- Completing accurate CASTLE records for all clients seen and ensure all related paperwork and correspondence is filed appropriately in compliance with NACAS and project standards
- Reviewing and assessing project impacts towards identifying a suitable finance and continuous delivery model beyond project funding
- Providing monthly reports to key stakeholders on progression towards project outputs and outcomes, including statistical information
- Providing training and development to volunteers and advisers in relevant working areas, improving knowledge and understanding of project service
- Delivering an effective service to all clients through completion of all paperwork, correspondence and telephone enquires necessary in the progression of a client’s case.
Please see the person specification for a full list of essential criteria.
- The hours of duty are 35 hours per week, between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, with 5 working weeks holiday. (The option of job share is also available.)
- This role may involve travelling to and attendance at meetings throughout the region. The job holder will therefore be required to be flexible in approach and to travel as required.
- Pension & Childcare voucher schemes available.
- Preferred candidates will be required to undergo Basic Disclosure Scotland Check prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
A job description and an application form are available via the links at the bottom of this page.
The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd September at 12 noon.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service (NACAS) is a client-led service which provides independent, free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of issues including debt, benefits, housing, consumer issues, legal matters and employment. Advisers do not judge or take sides, and all advice is unaffected by any consideration other than the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). The CAB is an established trusted, well respected high street brand name that offers a holistic approach to advice and information.
We are accredited at level 3 the highest of the Scottish National Standards for Advice and Information and regularly audited by and affiliated to Citizens Advice Scotland.
Our main aims are to provide the advice people need for the problems they face and improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives.