More about the job
Greater Pollok Citizens Advice Bureau is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the existing team in delivering a high quality advice and representation service to the residents of Glasgow South West.
The successful candidate must:
- Have excellent organisational skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise workloads and motivate others.
- Have a good understanding of current Welfare rights issues and legislation as well as at least two years experience of preparing and representing at Unified Appeal Hearings.
- Preferably have some experience of dealing with employment issues.
- Have experience of supervising volunteers or staff preferably in a paid capacity.
- Be able to work on their own initiative and provide ongoing support to voluntary staff.
- Possess the ability to learn new skills and to follow existing policies and procedures to a high level.
- Possess very good IT skills – especially word-processing, and database entry and the ability to produce regular reports using computer graphics.
- You will also be expected to work within the principles of the Citizens Advice Service and the GDPR legislation.
For an application pack and job description please call 0141-881-2462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org