What kind of things do admin volunteers do?
There are many different administrative roles in a Citizens Advice Bureau. Each bureau has different admin needs, so contact your local bureau or apply to be a volunteer online if you’d like to know more about how you can help your local bureau.
The kinds of tasks done by bureau admin workers include:
- Updating leaflets and local information resources
- Filing client records
- Receiving and sending faxes, mail, e-mail and telephone calls
- Taking notes and minutes at meetings
Some bureaux have receptionists who act as the main link between the public and the Citizens Advice Bureau.
Receptionists do the following kinds of things:
- Greet clients and make them feel comfortable
- Arrange appointments and answer phone calls
- Provide information on the Citizens Advice Bureau service to clients
- Manage the waiting room
- Keep records