More about the job
Key tasks / functions:
- Provide casework covering the full range of Debt
- To address the unmet debt and financial capability needs of low income clients and families
- To deliver a holistic advice service to our client group with a focus on debt advice, financial capability and income maximisation
- Explore all debt repayment/debt relief options with clients (including DAS and Sequestration)
- Assist clients to enter debt payment programs where appropriate
- Advise and assist clients with both secured and unsecured debt up to and including type ||| of the Scottish national standards.
- Negotiate with creditors/third parties and act for the client where necessary by calculating, negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning
- Negotiate with creditors/ third parties on behalf of clients prior to court action being taken
- Assist clients with other related problems where they are an integral part of their case and refer to other advisers or specialist agencies as appropriate.
- Keep comprehensive records of casework which meet audit requirements, including use of CASTLE case recording system.
- Maintain case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, statistical monitoring and report preparation.
- Provide advice and assistance to other staff across the range of debt issues.
- To provide regular reports as required for project monitoring and to check for client financial gain and social policy issues
- Assist in developing and gathering evaluation feedback from service users and partners.
- To support and train volunteer advisers for debt case work to support your role and mentor them to provide successful support to clients.
- To maintain expertise in relevant legislation, case law & codes of practice etc. that may impact on advice to be given.
- Deliver Financial Education Workshops to
a) Clients affected by debt issues
b) CABx staff
c) Local schools
- To carry out any such reasonable duty as may be determined by the Bureau Manager.
Applicants should ideally have experience of working in the advice sector for a minimum of one year as well as working knowledge and experience of income maximisation, money advice, budgeting and financial education.
The applicant will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work to targets/deadlines and have experience of producing reports for funders. Knowledge and experience of CAB would also be advantageous.
You can download an application pack from the links below or if you wish any further information, please contact :
Marian Tobin (Bureau Manager)