More about the job
Main purpose of job:To provide specialist money advice to clients in debt and in particular at risk of losing their homes through eviction or repossession
Key tasks / functions:
1. Play a key role in delivering a service aimed at clients in debt where their debts may threaten their home.
2. To co-ordinate the work of colleagues to ensure that they are working effectively to provide a service for clients, gathering appropriate paperwork and enabling you to give the client specialist and timely money advice.
3. To provide appropriate and timely advice with sustainable resolutions aimed at keeping clients out of court where possible.
4. To assist clients facing court action pre-court hearing and offer lay representation to unrepresented clients where necessary with prior agreement.
5. To ensure, in conjunction with the Debt Case Co-ordinator that accurate records are maintained of all advice and casework.
6. To support and train volunteer advisers for debt case work to support your role and mentor them to provide successful support to clients.
7. To maintain expertise in relevant legislation, case law & codes of practice etc. that may impact on advice to be given.
8. To provide regular reports as required for project monitoring and to check for client financial gain and social policy issues.
9. To carry out any such reasonable duty as may be determined by the Bureau Manager.
To apply please contact us for an application pack; tel 01546 605550 firstname.lastname@example.org