More about the job
The Citizens Advice network in Scotland is the largest independent advice service in the country. Citizens Advice Scotland is a charity within this network – we act as a national organisation supporting and representing the service as a whole and the interests of citizens. At the heart of the network there are 59 individual citizens advice bureau across Scotland, all operating as independent charities in their own right, which focus on providing support and advice directly to clients. Each of these organisations is a member of Citizens Advice Scotland. We believe that every citizen should have access to free, impartial and confidential advice that helps them make informed decisions, whenever they need it and however, they choose to access it.
The Digital Advice Content Team’s primary role is to provide digital advice content for Scotland. The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Comfortable using evidence, data and research to make the right content decisions
- Able to contribute to and use style guides and design patterns to produce consistent content
- Someone who puts users' needs at the heart of their work, to make people's interactions with CAS content as simple and speedy as possible
- Experienced in evaluating current content strategies based on the results of user research and data for constant improvement of existing content
- Able to build relationships and work closely with policy, legal and other expert colleagues to make sure content is accurate and consistent
- Capable of promoting user-centred content design within the department and beyond
- Experienced in communicating in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact
- Encouraging the use of different communication methods, including digital resources, and highlight the benefits, including ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Ensuring communication has a clear purpose and takes into account people’s individual needs
- Able to share information as appropriate and check understanding
- Someone who shows positivity and enthusiasm towards work, encouraging others to do the same
- Confident in ensuring that important messages are communicated with colleagues and stakeholders respectfully, taking into consideration the diversity of interests
- Alert to emerging issues and trends which might impact your work area and new opportunities
This role offers you the opportunity to work at the heart of supporting Scotland's largest independent advice network and to make an invaluable contribution to citizen’s lives.
Citizens Advice Scotland is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements to support all our staff. We are also committed to equality of opportunity for all and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
*This role is based in our Edinburgh office. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis the majority of CAS staff have been working from home, but we have now started a transition back to the office and expect all staff to be attending the office in some capacity from the end of May 2022. CAS have introduced a blended working policy to allow our employees to balance their time attending the office with time working from home, and the number of days you will be expected to attend the office each week can be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates should be prepared to attend the office on their first day for an induction, and to attend the office thereafter as required.
Citizens Advice Scotland offers excellent terms and conditions, including a total of 40 days leave (including public holidays) and a pension scheme with an 8% employer contribution. We have a flexitime scheme which enables our employees to work flexibly in line with organisational requirements, and as an inclusive employer we are happy to consider other flexible working arrangements where appropriate. For more details of some of the other benefits on offer to our employees, please see the section on employee benefits in the Job Pack.
To apply for this role, please send completed copies of the Personal Details Form, along with your current CV to: email@example.com
In addition, we ask you to provide a short written statement (maximum of two pages) with examples which demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the post, as set out in the job description and person specification.
Equality & diversity monitoring
To help Citizens Advice Scotland monitor equality and diversity statistics please return the Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separate from your other application documents by emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Scottish Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux – Citizens Advice Scotland. Scottish charity (SC016637) and company limited by guarantee (89892)