More about the job
The Chief Officer holds overall responsibility for the running of the Bureau, including the management of our dedicated team (paid and volunteer), the management of all financial aspects of the Bureau including fundraising, and the premises and IT considerations. The Chief Officer reports directly into the Board of Trustees and the post holder will work closely with the Board to design and develop the strategy of the Bureau.
The role of Chief Officer is extremely varied and busy, and the ideal candidate will have experience of working within a fundraising environment and of managing all the financial aspects of an organisation. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in recruiting, managing, developing and motivating a team is also required.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a desire to work towards the success of a valuable and well-used resource. This is a genuinely rewarding role, working to support a local community, and the Chief Officer is integral to the provision of that service.
The key deliverables of this role are
- Overall operational control and management of the Bureau within the guidelines laid down by the Management Committee and Citizens Advice Scotland (CAS)
- Line management of all paid and unpaid staff
- Management of all aspects of client enquiries
- To represent the Bureau within the Citizen’s Advice Bureau network and to outside agencies
- In consultation with the Board, design and development of the Bureau’s long-term strategic aims
- Responsibility for all aspects of IT and its effective use
- Overall financial responsibility for all aspects of income and expenditure, including preparation of accounts for external audit, staff salaries and pension liability, and filing of relevant returns
- Responsible for attracting funding to maintain and develop bureau services.
- To ensure that the Bureau’s service meets quality standards.
You can also view this vacancy at Goodmoves.com.
For further information please use the links at the bottom of this page.
Please sent completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by 12 noon on Friday 17 July 2020.
Musselburgh and District Citizens Advice Bureau SCIO Registered in Scotland Charity No: SC013364
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority; FRN: 617 430