A list of recent information issued by the UK and Scottish Governments relating to support for Ukrainians in the UK, Ukraine and elsewhere, and British nationals and their families in Ukraine.
The UK Government FAQ’s webpage regularly updates guidance on the Homes for Ukraine scheme.
- Please visit – Homes for Ukraine FAQs [updated 29/04/2022]
How people in Scotland can support displaced people from Ukraine.
- Please visit – Support for Ukraine
The Scottish Government has published a summary of guidance for displaced Ukrainians in the UK. This page contains information on visa schemes, travel, healthcare, housing, employment, education and social security entitlements.
- Visit – Supporting displaced people from Ukraine [Published 14/04/2022]
The Scottish Government has provided guidance for Local Authorities on the Super Sponsorship scheme.
- Visit – Super Sponsor Scheme and Homes for Ukraine Guidance [Updated 11/04/2022]
The DWP has launched a new webpage offering support and information on essential benefits to those arriving in the UK from Ukraine, on the Understanding Universal Credit website.
Anyone choosing to sponsor a Ukrainian individual or family through the Homes for Ukraine scheme will not see their household benefit entitlements affected as a result.
- Visit – Council Tax discounts protected under Sponsorship Scheme [Published 31/03/2022]
As part of the Warm Scots Welcome, the Scottish Government has opened a scheme for providing refuge to those displaced by the invasion of Ukraine. Ukrainians applying for a visa under the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme can now select the Scottish Government as their sponsorship organisation.
- Visit - Scheme for displaced Ukranians [Published 18/03/2022]
The Home Office has issued a Factsheet regarding changes made to the immigration system to support British nationals and their families in Ukraine, and Ukrainians in the UK, Ukraine and elsewhere.
- Read the factsheet here [Published 11/03/2022]