The Consumer Futures Unit speaks out for consumers across the regulated industries of energy, post and water. We combine policy expertise, research and market intelligence with insights from our advice services about the problems people experience, so our recommendations are evidence based.
We evaluate policy through primary research and an internationally recognised set of consumer principles to evaluate policy:
Access - can people get the goods and services they want or need?
- Choice - is there any?
- Safety - are the goods or services dangerous to health or welfare?
- Information - is it available, accurate and useful?
- Fairness - are some or all consumers unfairly discriminated against?
- Representation - do consumers have a say in how goods or services are provided?
- Redress - if things go wrong, is there a system for putting them right?
Our research allows us to develop practical policy solutions that lead to consumers being informed, engaged and protected. We play a key role in achieving change in areas from energy efficiency and fuel poverty to water charges and fairer parcel delivery. Our task is to ensure rapidly evolving markets have consumer needs at their heart.
For Consumer Futures Unit publications go to https://www.cas.org.uk/publications?title=&spotlight=741&type=All
For news from the Consumer Futures Unit go to https://www.cas.org.uk/news?title=&spotlight=741
For further information about the Consumer Futures Unit please follow us on twitter @CFUcas or email us at email@example.com.